When it comes to food, I have an addictive personality. Set a bowl of tortilla chips in front of me, and watch them vanish before your eyes. This is especially true since going Gluten Free, where one of my only sources of pure carbs comes from the crunchy, salty goodness of tortilla chips. I try to only eat them a few times a week because of this, but when combined with Mexican appetizers like Cheese dip or Guacamole, all strength of resistance fails me.
A combination of cheese and avocados sounds heavenly, doesn’t it? For me, it’s the stronger the cheese the better, making the thought of Blue Cheese Guacamole something that had to become a reality!
Blue Cheese Guacamole
- 2 Large, Room Temperature Avocados – cut into small pieces
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese at Room Temperature – crumbled
- Handful of Jalapeno Peppers – diced
- 1 Roma Tomato – diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste (I tend to be heavy handed with this)
Combine everything and mash to desired consistency – simple as that!